25 February 2007

Tour of California


Yesterday Bob and I went on the Mardi Gras Metric Century Ride. It is a phenomenal ride to use as a training ride for the Cycling portion of Vineman. In the midst of the ride, we stopped for a few hours to watch the Tour of California ride up their Second King of the Mountain (KOM) which was the same hill we had to climb. Needless to say, we snapped a photo of us on top.

Things I learned on this ride: From Santa Paula to Ventura, you cycling through a wind tunnel, every way you turn, you are riding in a wind tunnel. not. fun. Second, Ojai to Ventura is NOT, i repeat, is NOT all down hill. Nice rolling hills. Third but certainly the most important thing, I need to start cycling a hell of a lot more so next time I ride, I won't be that tired at the end. :P

No comments: